UPDATE: Lake Forest-Lake Zurich football canceled
Updated: September 14, 2012 5:00PM
LAKE FOREST — The Lake Forest football team’s Friday night game against Lake Zurich has been canceled, according to a statement posted on Lake Forest High School’s website at 4:30 p.m. Friday.
The girls cross country team’s trip to Peoria for Saturday’s Peoria-Notre Dame Invite has also been canceled.
Lake Forest’s teachers strike will give Lake Zurich a forfeit victory, according to IHSA assistant executive director Craig Anderson. The Bears improve to 3-1 on the season. Lake Forest’s loss is its first of the year, dropping the Scouts to 3-1.
Lake Forest had announced the following schedule changes earlier Friday afternoon:
- The girls varsity tennis team has canceled its Friday match with Moline and is attempting to reschedule.
- The girls varsity volleyball team will not participate in Friday’s Maine East Tournament.
- Friday night’s sophomore football game against Lake Zurich has been canceled.
- The boys varsity and junior varsity golf matches against Warren and Zion-Benton on Friday have been rescheduled.
- The girls junior varsity and freshman/sophomore tennis team matches with New Trier on Friday have been rescheduled.